Different subtypes
Maybe It's just because I'm used to playing D2, where a character is described almost totally by it's skill point distribution, but how do you distinguish between Arty mages, tan mages etc?? Don't all D1 characters eventually max all of their stats anyway? Therefore, If you make an arty mage, you would evenually max your Dex, through elixers/shrines etc, and still be pumped full of mana, so why not have a high AC? Also, how would having high AC reduce your magic firepower if you eventually max stats anyway? I don't see how variation comes into play EXCEPT at low levels. (though from what I've read, most people more eperienced at D1 state the opposite.) I just don't understand. What sacrifices are made.

Basically, my mentality for D1 is this.

Mage- get lots of mana soon, fnd stuff tat adds to spells, read books, kill stuff.
Warrior- Get stone curse, get armour and stuff, hit stuff, watch stuff die.
Rogue- Get god bow, shoot

I could see the difference between the variant playstyles and the "main" builds. But I just can't distinguish between the primary builds for each class when I can't see where any sacrifices are made between each build. Hopefully someone could enlihten me...very, very slowly. Remember, I'm a D2 kid. :huh:
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci

Messages In This Thread
Different subtypes - by Albion Child - 02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Different subtypes - by Elric of Grans - 02-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Different subtypes - by --Pete - 02-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Different subtypes - by Nystul - 02-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Different subtypes - by SoulEdge - 02-26-2003, 05:06 PM