Assigning Static IP addresses to computers... HELP!
Hello Lurkers,

Where I'm working is upgrading our computer system to include a server, and I need to assign static IP addresses to each computer involved before the guy coming to install the server gets here.

Now, I wont lie, I fairly stupid about networking, so I did what I do whenever I have a question like this, and googled it. I found the site

http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/st...ddress.php

that seems to lay out how I do it.

Is this all I have to do? I'm currently using a linksys wrt54g router, and a linksys switch to handle the computers + wireless connections that we currently have running. That would be 4 computers, and 1 wireless (me). When we are done adding on, it will be 6-8 computers, the server, and a wireless connection.

After I assign the static IP addresses and disable DHCP on the router, will the normal setup that I have running right now work?

Will I need to assign my laptop a static IP address so that I can continue to access the net?

Any help would be appreciated Big Grin, links to articles to read will be LOVED Big GrinHeartBig Grin
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Assigning Static IP addresses to computers... HELP! - by shoju - 05-10-2010, 07:10 PM