Assigning Static IP addresses to computers... HELP!
(05-10-2010, 07:10 PM)shoju Wrote: Any help would be appreciated...
Your DHCP server(router) should enable you to designate a portion of the IP subnet you are using as reserved. For example, in my home, I have about 10 servers, so I've limited my DHCP range to be from 192.168.1.100 and above. What is the server doing?

If you need the Internet to be able to see your servers (e.g. mail.mydomain.net, www.mydomain.net), things are different. This would require you to have a registered Domain, and a DNS server. When you register for the domain, they would assign you some actual internet IP addresses, and a subnet mask (e.g. 210.200.199.200 / 255.255.255.192). If you need this type of a setup, then I would tell you to consult with the services of someone who has proven experience setting it up before to ensure your setup is secure. Otherwise, your servers will become zombie slaves to some spam master in a matter of minutes.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assigning Static IP addresses to computers... HELP! - by kandrathe - 05-10-2010, 09:47 PM