A case study: newb to ICC.
For those of you on Terenas, you know that I recently leveled my Shaman alt to 80, and then got him ICC ready for a project over on Maintankadin.

The basis was: Can I get from Freshly Dinged 80 to inside the halls of Icecrown Citadel killing a raid boss in 24 hours of play? Well, that is pretty easy when you have a great guild like <Lurkers> behind you. I'm sure that I could do it in far less than that.

But, what if I did it without the guild helping me, towing me, giving me free instant tank queues? What if I didn't use my other toons professions? Or my bank roll? What if I was essentially starting over?

Well, I guess you could say that I 'blogged' the experience. I prefer: Kept detailed notes about everything I did from 70 to 80 in an effort to see how it went.

The original Maintankadin case Study was indeed to see if you could get a tank ready in that amount of time. Barathorn's Case Study is the original, and was a success. My Case Study is finished, and I'm in the process of combing through the data to see how it all went. I have my first round of results up (page 14), and will be looking over the data a little more and seeing what I can find.

There are 2 more case studies being performed, but neither have started the thread for their project. There is a Warlock for ranged/Caster DPS, and a Resto Druid for healing. I will post links to their when they are done.

I did complete the case study, and I was actually done with Lower Spire around the end of the 24 hours. I finished up Sunday, Sept 5th in a pug that was led by <Prophets of Serenity>

I knew that there were some people who were interested in it, so I figured I would toss this up.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
A case study: newb to ICC. - by shoju - 09-07-2010, 03:33 PM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by Concillian - 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by Tal - 09-07-2010, 04:38 PM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by shoju - 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by vor_lord - 09-07-2010, 11:13 PM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by Harrison jess - 11-02-2010, 06:52 AM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by LochnarITB - 11-02-2010, 01:37 PM
RE: A case study: newb to ICC. - by netrefugee - 11-14-2010, 02:38 AM