How do you manage your debuffs/cooldowns?
(10-08-2010, 08:36 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(10-08-2010, 06:46 PM)Mordekhuul Wrote:
(10-08-2010, 04:34 PM)Treesh Wrote:
(10-08-2010, 12:54 PM)LavCat Wrote: I don't suppose anyone knows an addon that can figure out when your target has used their trinket?

Natur's has bars for your target's cooldowns.

Afflicted is another good addon for showing enemy cooldowns/buffs/etc, though in the past it has been a bit buggy. The version I have in live, taken from a compliation of addons someone put together, works well, but...

If you want to blow your mind in PVP, you might try a mod called Plate Buffs, and be sure you have enemy nameplates turned on. What it does for your awareness of when enemies use cooldowns like pain suppression, divine shield, or are under any form of CC/slow is not much short of amazing.

I just read up on platebuffs, thanks. Unless I am wrong, it takes the buffs/debuffs from your target icon that show in the vanilla WoW UI and displays them over the target's head. Trinketing though is not a buff or a debuff (though of course it removes debuffs) and, correct me if I am wrong, trinketing does not show explicitly in the combat log. At least I have never noticed such a message. I think an addon would have to infer trinket use from removal of debuffs, and who removed them, e.g. if you removed your own fear or polymorph, you probably used your trinket (or Every Man for Himself, if you happen to be human).

From the screen shots I also had a problem with platebuffs' UI because it sticks the information in the middle of the screen, whereas the vanilla UI shows the information at the top of the screen.

I don't think I would even need to see a cooldown timer. What would help is just something that would play a sound when your target trinkets. There is of course the problem of remembering what the sound is for. One of my characters uses an addon that plays a sound when something happens, but I can't remember which character or event, and what the sound actually means. Usually I think it is a problem with the sound card.

Yeah - platebuffs is not for showing enemy cooldowns. Just thought I'd mention it. it is for showing enemy buffs/debuffs (the important ones..and you can filter it down to just ones you really care about) in a way that is a ton more obvious than they are normally presented....like, see that that priest just used PS on another player you are fighting out of the corner of your eye, even though you don't have that player targeted atm. Wink
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you manage your debuffs/cooldowns? - by Mordekhuul - 10-09-2010, 05:01 AM