Blizzard introduces "official" method of $$$ to gold
(10-11-2011, 11:10 PM)shoju Wrote: At first, I was pretty unhappy about it, but it doesn't infuse gold into the economy, so I don't have a big problem with it. You pay $10 to take money from another player.

$10 in gold seller gold is about 8k gold.

I expect these pets to sell in the 3-5k range.

Yeah, that was my take on it, and they did point this out. It's not adding gold to the economy. It's just taking it from someone else, and you can bet people won't make the riches they think they will from this, since just like all the other stuff, it's accessible by anyone who wants to put up the $10.

No, there's a *very clear* line on WoW cash sales for me. When they start selling non-vanity items that actually give stats and/or do damage, then I have a problem with it. Ok, so technically, you can buy BoEs with the gold from one of these. Most BoEs from firelands are still high as hell, so 3-5K, or even 8K won't buy one. You have to get someone to buy multiple pets on the game, and then buy the high-priced BoE. If someone's that rabid about it, whatever. I can make 3-5K gold pretty fast anyway, so I really don't see the issue with it. I don't buy the slippery slope thing, either. If they start selling tier sets for cash or similar, then I'll be pissed off, but not till the time comes. Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and thermonuclear weapons.

I won't buy one, but I don't object to it. It's a *vanity item*.
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blizzard introduces "official" method of $$$ to gold - by Mavfin - 10-14-2011, 07:07 PM