Thoughts on how to improve the current system
The whole system needs to go. There is no reforming it, especially our joke of a two-party system, both of which have the same agenda at the end of the day: protecting the interests of the bourgeois scum (themselves, along with their corporate and military industrial complex parasite buddies). The poor, working class, and even the middle class at this point, no longer matter to them. Well, the middle class no longer matter. The poor and working class never did matter for them.

Mandatory military service? Um, yea, good luck with that. Will never happen. Nor should it. Why should anyone have to be mandated to serve in the military to get a free college education? And women with a 3-month old child have to serve? You are joking right? Totally against this idea, for obvious reasons.

I agree with you on the drug legalization and illegal immigrant issue. War on drugs or any social problem is an automatic failure. Social problems like drugs dont just lie down and surrender like in 'normal' wars. The best way to solve these types of problems is to treat them as the type of problem they are: Drugs are not a criminal problem, they are a MEDICAL problem. As far as immigration goes, Immigrant laws are a total joke and just another form of jingoist racism spewed forth by reactionaries. It's ok for corporations to move across borders to increase profits, but it's not ok for people to move across borders to improve their lives. This is hypocritical. I dont want any government telling me where I can or cannot live, and if they disagree, screw them.

Disagree on Unions - they need to be stronger, not weaker. The decline of Unions is a big part of why workers wages and rights have been assaulted the last 30 years or so, though rollbacks through reactionary policies have been probably just as equally detrimental.

Foreign relations? I don't believe in borders. Ethnic nationalism is just another way to divide us and produce a mentality that one nation's people are some how superior to another nation's people, which is absurd. In general, flag waving patriots of ANY nation disgust me, and I look down upon them.

Healthcare and schooling are tougher issues, because they require many fundamental changes (both socially and economically) elsewhere to make them work well. I agree the ultimate goal for healthcare should be something similar to Denmark's (in a capitalist system or otherwise), but this would of course require a huge change in the tax system to implement it (the tax system change, which needs to happen anyway), and this will be much easier said than done, given our circumstances. I don't think school should be made compulsory, for obvious reasons.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on how to improve the current system - by FireIceTalon - 11-20-2011, 09:27 AM