Thoughts on how to improve the current system
(01-05-2012, 03:36 PM)eppie Wrote: After reading some articles in papers these days I had to think about this thread.
I don't know why it is but it seems that in many countries politicians shouldn't be too smart otherwise the voters don't trust them.
In the past a politician, especially a presidential candidate was supposed to be at least a pretty smart person.
Reading about the GOP presidential candidate elections makes me desperate and very negative about the future of our world as we know it.
Why does every candidate of the republicans need to be a completely ignorant moron? Some of them are slightly less moronic, but things like not knowing the USSR doesn't exist anymore etc. should disqualify you directly from running for the most important job on this world or am I wrong?

Ignorance and anti-intellectualism have been part of the agenda for the GOP for a hot minute now. It's all part of the big plan to spread misinformation and keep the populace "dumbed down" so the status quo stays intact. I've said it many times - they are all racist, fascist, homophobic, xenophobic elitist hypocritical, douche bags. You should feel desperate and negative about the world when seeing them flap their gums, and knowing there is actually people out there gullible enough to vote for them: they are puppets designed to protect the interest of the corporate elite that control the mass media and all other forms of public information, our education system, our culture, economy, and the hierarchy of society as well as how it is ran in general - all wrapped in a pretty package of attractive words and talking points like American Exceptionalism, war on terror, Democracy, and a quote or two from the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. For them, misinformation and propaganda rule over truth, respect for authority and patriotism over critical thinking and creativity (in education), inequality and apathy over equality and justice, and superstition/religion over rationality, science and ethics are the order of the day. Personally, I would rather roast in the firey pits of hell (if there is such a place) 100 million times over than vote for any one of these dipshits, or Obama for that matter. Just knowing I have to to breathe the same air as scum like Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, or Michelle Bachmann makes me nauseous. Elections are a sham, especially American elections.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on how to improve the current system - by FireIceTalon - 01-05-2012, 06:49 PM