Thoughts on how to improve the current system
(01-12-2012, 02:52 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I have heroes, but most of them are unnamed in the history books. The ones who fought and died (and still continue to) to improve the conditions of the society in which we live, for the downtrodden.

But my main political influences, besides the obvious Marx and Engels, would probably be Howard Zinn, Malcolm X, Rosa Luxemburg, John Rawls, Thomas Paine, and Noam Chomsky. V.I. Lenin, and Che to a lesser extent also.

I think I'm finally starting to understand you. You don't care about leaders or political systems or what each government stands for. What your interested in is personal freedoms at any cost; equality for everyone. That makes your views hard to understand in a world that needs leaders to shepherd its people. Think about it, the truth is the vast majority of people in this world want to be lead and don't know any other way. How could they not? They [we] go to schools and learn to follow the rules made by the society we live in, adhere to our laws, even choose to go to church to be lead. Your logic is based on the simple assumption that everyone wants to be free, but that is simply not the case, hence your vision of a perfect world is already flawed - most people want to be told what to do. That's why leaders are so effective at what they do in our society, and why the world has not "evolved" as per your vision of a perfect society (i.e. everyone as their own person, capable of helping one another and there are no laws because everyone has mutual respect for each other).

I'm rambling; wife watching TV next to me, distracting. Took me like 40-min to write. Might as well post this. Reread it once, sort-of; looks alright, lol.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on how to improve the current system - by Taem - 01-12-2012, 06:06 AM