basic sorceress build
Hi guys,

I haven't played D2 in ages. I've started a sorceress in the non-expansion D2 single player mode (v.1.13). Can someone point me to a basic build for a sorceress which will allow me to complete all 3 difficulty levels? I just want the basics of how to allocated character points and skill points.

My theory for now is to get str to 20 (so I can eventually wear a demonhide sash and therefore eventually have 16 pots) and put the rest into energy on the assumption that I'll eventually get MS so vitality is unnecessary. In terms of spells, I've been trying to save up so that pretty much all the points will go into Firewall, Chain Lightening and Frozen orb (I need one of each in case of double immunes--is that right?). I've put a couple into warmth, I'll put one into teleport, MS and one into each of the masteries. I put one into fireball, though that might have been a mistake, since that isn't strictly necessary for what I'm planning, though it's useful to have at least one non-sucky spell. I'm level 17 now. Since it's 1.13 I can redistribute points 3x if I've done something stupid already. While I'm at it, I seem to vaguely recall that there is some sort of bug in MS. Is that true? What is it? Does that mean I need points into vitality or is that just once in a while I'll die unfairly. I'm not playing hardcore or anything like that, so not a biggy.

Finally, and remember that I don't plan on playing this enough to get great items, what am I looking to get in terms of items. I'm thinking some staff of faster cast, armor and helm with resists, and jewlery to get more resists and maybe some fast cast. Does that work? Should I try to use socketed items for something. I'd guess either drop the staff and use a shield with 3 diamonds or, if somehow possible, use skulls in helms or armor for faster mana and health regeneration. Do I need high AC?

Messages In This Thread
basic sorceress build - by weakwarrior - 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: basic sorceress build - by Hammerskjold - 03-03-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: basic sorceress build - by weakwarrior - 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: basic sorceress build - by Hammerskjold - 03-03-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: basic sorceress build - by MonTy - 04-18-2012, 12:43 AM
RE: basic sorceress build - by weakwarrior - 04-18-2012, 01:50 AM