Soo...You thought Baldurs Gate had been put out to pasture...
I believe Atari's part in it was that they owned the source code, which is now in the hands of the new team. You can do a lot when you have the source. I know I still play FreeSpace and FreeSpace 2 thanks to the FreeSpace Open project and quite enjoy the enhancements to it. All that was made possible because Volition released the source code.

Another note on the BG stuff though is that it will not be available over Steam from what I've seen. I understand this since Beamdog has their own distro service, but well, once you accept Steam into your life, it's nice to just have everything in it. Smile

They are also sticking with 2D isometric view for gameplay. They say the new content they are adding will be purely optional as well.

It should be neat. My little PCGamer feed told me about it on Friday so I've been poking at it off and on then. I never actually did play through it it single player, but it was great to go through the campaign with friends in multi player. Perhaps I'll actually go through it single player now. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soo...You thought Baldurs Gate had been put out to pasture... - by Kevin - 03-19-2012, 12:56 AM