Lurker Lounge Podcast - Episode 1 is Live.
(05-02-2012, 03:46 PM)Bolty Wrote: I'm fine with giving Chesspiece access to create news items if he wants to make a new thread for each episode. I just flip a switch on his account here. Smile

As for hosting the vids, I have a terabyte of monthly bandwidth. I could directly host them, at least until Chesspiece strikes E-Fame and leaves us all behind for Internet Stardom.

HAHA. I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.

Regarding News Items, I'll send you a PM if you want and we can figure out the details about front-paging certain stuff.

I've actually looked into free hosting for MP3 files of the podcasts. I've settled on trying out Archive.org as it seems simple and effective for what we are looking for. I've put together an MP3 file for episode 1 and it is live. I've also updated the original post here with a link to the location of the direct download for that. I should have Episode 2 live in a day or two and plan to just have an MP3 version of any new episodes live with the YouTube publications.

If this seems to work out for hosting I will be looking into putting together an RSS feed which can be used to set up iTunes subscriptions etc. When we get to that point that may be something that can be hosted at the Lounge if you are intersted. Shouldn't be too difficult or resources intensive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lurker Lounge Podcast - Episode 1 is Live. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-02-2012, 10:53 PM