Idea for Crafting and Stabilizing the D3 Economy
Hi, everyone. I have an idea that I think would be fun and help stabilize the economy in D3. I mentioned this idea in the "A few ideas of how to save D3," but I think it got drowned out by the side discussion in that thread, so I'd like to repeat and expand on the idea here. The idea is this:

1. The very best legendary or set class specific items should be the result of crafting recipes.

2. The class specific items that result should be account bound. (The mechanics for this are already in the game. For example, all of the materials for the Staff of Herding are account bound).

3. The items should have a lot of randomness in terms of their stats, so it may take a number of crafts to get a decent item, dozens to get a very good item, and perhaps hundreds to get a nearly perfect item.

4. These crafting recipies should take a large amount of materials both in terms of gold and crafting supplies.

5. All other items for all other slots will continue to be non-account bound and purchaseable on the auction house.

The reason I believe that this proposal would work well is because:

1. It would be a huge gold sink both in terms of literal gold used and in terms of items that get salvaged for crafting supplies rather than being sold to the vendor. This would help keep gold a valuable commodity.

2. This would give the blacksmith continued viability at the late stages in the game.

3. This would create a large commodity market in the auction house for crafting materials.

4. At the same time, it maintains the viability of the auction house to sell the best items in all non-class specific equipment slots.

What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Idea for Crafting and Stabilizing the D3 Economy - by MongoJerry - 05-27-2012, 07:08 PM