The Auction House III: Evil is Back
Instead of level grinding, there's item grinding. It's just that it takes a lot longer to get. And level 90+ in Diablo II didn't really present any rewards besides.... well bragging rights. The stats are minimal. It's a really crappy benefit as opposed to time spent.

I think the difference we're feeling from d2 to d3 is that trade is actually viable and thus everyone can acquire better stuff. It was easier to eschew trade in d2 because the game was easier and also concerns about legitimacy. Like I said before, the economy in d2 was tainted with no safeguards and is the equivalent of going into a dark alley to buy drugs, really.

And why should only the people with elite gear hold all the currency to trade the great items around? The economy is now in the hands of everyone, and sadly not even dedicated grinding could compete with the cheaters.

The cheaters won in d2 when it came to ease of occurring items. Remember Uber Diablo, that was fueled by Sojs? Let's not repeat it. I should not feel disgust when an item name is mentioned.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Archon_Wing - 05-29-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM