Elective Mode should be the default! (General UI discussion)
Honestly, the greatest challenge for me pre-hell, was the realization I could have indeed Breath of Healing and other defensive skills together. Truth is, people are more likely to be successful if they picked skills out a hat. People will naturally know what offensive and defense skills are and prioritize. It's not obvious at all, until someone told me.

I don't think it helps the newer players at all. From my experience, it got harder. Wink What it could do is pick the default skills by default and make it flash until the player choose his own.

Also, isn't it a bit annoying that there's so much screen clutter when you level up? Because I surely need to bombarded by messages when a pack of elites are hunting me down. Let's go for the "new skill" plus bar that the old games had? I do not want them to guide my hand like that, especially when the person guiding has no clue on what to do themselves.

I would go far as to say that this has been a hindrance to everyone I've talked to, regardless of skill level or familiarity with the game.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
Elective Mode should be the default! (General UI discussion) - by Archon_Wing - 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM