Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-17-2012, 12:47 AM)RTM Wrote: I have also come to realize that I personally have changed over the course of the game. My life is in a different spot now- I just can't be the hardcore player I once was, and to that end, a lot of the new stuff in MoP is right up my alley. A lot of the time now, I just want to sit down and the computer and play something fun for an hour. I quit Cataclysm mainly because of the lack of stuff to do outside of raiding & dungeons, so the large amount of top-end "casual" stuff is great:

-The fact that pets and mounts are account-wide is going to do more for my altitis than the entirety of the 1-60 content overhaul from Cataclysm.

-I like that dungeons are reverting to the end-of-WotLK-style easier modes. I enjoy a good 2-hour dungeon slog every now and again but sometimes I want my gear handed to me on a silver platter. Smile

WoW has a lot of content and even more history. It's gotta be tough to keep existing customers happy while at the same trying to attract new ones, and there are bound to be casualties.

I would have to agree with the parts I kept above. I'm simply not where I was in Vanilla, or even in Wrath, both being expansions where I raided a lot.

Account-wide pets and mounts? Sign me up. I'm actually getting my feet wet in WoW again after a roughly six-month absence by doing Molten Front for the mount, something I never bothered with the first time around.

The 'easier' heroics I'm all for. Those are to make pugs bearable, while I'm looking forward to the gear-normalized challenge modes with friends and guildies who I can count on to actually try to perform their roles well; i.e. I *can* have my cake and eat it, too.

WoW will probably never again be my 'only' game as it once was, but, I think it still has life left in it for me.
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by Mavfin - 08-17-2012, 01:53 AM