Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
I stopped at the end of June '11 for a variety of reasons:

1) The game felt like a chore even with all the people I played with and enjoyed playing with. I just couldn't motivate myself to log in anymore after taking 6 characters to 85 at that point (only Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, and Druid were not capped, of those, only the Druid was sub 80 prior to Cata).

2) The amount of Retconning was completely and utterly out of control with so many things done that it ruined vast parts of the Warcraft lore (why on earth were the Dragonmaw allowed back into the horde, or better yet, why didn't the Red Flight make a huge fuss over it especially given what the Dragonmaw did to Alexstrasza and the Red Flight at Deathwing's behest).

3) Blizzard couldn't figure out how to properly balance things (and they still can't judging by other games).

4) Ruining various aspects of PvE because of PvP and failing horribly at #3 above in PvP

5) Not delivering on what they said they were going to do. They said they wanted to do smaller more frequent content patches and it really ended up being smaller content patches that were just as infrequent as before. The one thing I truly miss about Vanilla over all the other expansions was their pace of putting out content patches. They had 13 patches over the 2 years from launch of Vanilla till tBC launched and then it was 4 to 5 content patches max between the start and end of each expansion after that.

I don't forsee ever returning to WoW because I think Blizzard seriously has dropped the ball and the game quality has taken a definite hit IMO since mid-Wrath onward, there were some jewels in there, but for the most part, it's been downhill since shortly after ToC launched (ICC was good and some other things were good, but overall, it's been mediocre at best).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by Lissa - 08-17-2012, 02:05 AM