Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-17-2012, 04:05 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Bolty: The site needs a bawling emote to fully express the hurt I wish to convey! Wink

[Image: Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg]
Note: not Mini-Bolty

In all seriousness, if you wanted to know what the one singular key difference is between MoP and Cataclysm, it's this:

In MoP, there's always something to do. Whenever you log in, there will be some way to progress your character. Every time. And if you want to just chill out with friends or solo, there are things to goof off with as well. This was never a problem for me, being a raging achievement junkie. However, even if you don't care one iota about achievements, you'll always have something to pass the time with.

I think Blizzard's more aware now of how their tiered raiding model actually kills interest in the game by removing all progression paths ("why bother with anything other than LFR when all the gear gets replaced next patch anyway?"), and is making up for that by supplying more out-of-raid content.

I think PokePetBattles are just the beginning. Blizzard will, over the next few years, continue to add more mini-games to WoW to make it something that you'd just want to log into and goof off with, such that 3 years from now, raiding is just some other activity in the game and not such a huge focus at capped level. We'll see.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by Bolty - 08-17-2012, 04:33 AM