Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-16-2012, 11:04 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: In my possible bias, I see Shoju as laying out his thoughts but Kandrathe coming back and telling him why he is wrong. As mentioned, the D3 forums demonstrated how that can go very wrong. It is not right to tell anyone their feelings are wrong without having lived in their skin.
More that I'm challenging the critique where I disagree. My life is very analytical so I tend to poke holes in things.

Quote:P.S. Psst, Kan, Lochnarmy™'s accountant is poking me telling me to remind you that the interest on the rest of the gold for a mount loan is really piling up. It's been a long time since you seemed to drop out of the game entirely the first time. If you'd like to set up a new payment plan, I can have him contact you. Tongue Wink Big Grin (j/k - never cared about getting back any gold I "loaned" to friends but was surprised you seemed to disappear in-game shortly after getting a shiny new mount to zip around on)
I've been waiting for you to return so I can pay up. My gnome is quite the entrepreneur (obviously), but is no where near gold cap. Know that when you have recuperated, and do return, your friend Trixsie has a present for you.

[Image: KTrUB.jpg]

I didn't plan on disappearing. My gaming PC died, just when I was going through a work transition and I couldn't afford to fix/replace it at the time. Real life can be such a time suck. Before I knew it a year or so had passed. This spring with my tax return, I was able to buy a spiffy new machine. Which led me to reinstall WOW, and voila!

In my absence TBC ended, death knights & WOTLK happened. When I got back most people were wrapping up Cata, while I was playing catch up (and still am mostly). My perspective is that the WOW world is a bigger and more accessible place (than what I left) and where everyone is fairly oblivious to the wonders around them. Smile

From my perspective; I just don't get griping about something like LFR (dweebs and all), because my only opportunity to raid in the past has been to on a weekly or sometimes monthly basis; 1) sign up a week or so in advance, 2) hope the raid organizers pick me, and 3) grind enough during the week to have supplies and gold for repairs, 4) prepare mentally for a 6 hour or so raid all day Saturday depending on how many wipes we experienced, 5) hope during the raid I don't do something stupid that gets me blacklisted with my raid buddies 6) prepare mentally for the fact that if any good loot does drop, that others may get it before me. Then, by the time you do get 4 pieces of the current tier set, everyone else has moved on to the next best thing.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by kandrathe - 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM