What makes the item system so bad?
(08-27-2012, 11:16 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: So, what can I do to upgrade on this, if I want more gold find, or just a better shield with similar stats? Bigger numbers is one, but that's why the itemization sucks. The strength is the most useless trait here. So I can swap one trait at most. What if I want +blocking and crit chance? Whoops. Gold find has gotta to go. It can't coexist. And even if the shield has the dream traits, if there's only 10% blocking, it's not going to get bought...

...Ultimately, upgrading just means seeking a duplicate of your item with somewhat bigger numbers.

This confuses the hell out of me. You list out a multitude of options you have when deciding how to upgrade your items. Very real, hard choices you would need to make about how to progress your character. If you want to improve one aspect of your character you may have to make sacrifices in another area.

And the conclusion you come to is that the only option is to not make a choice at all. You have choices. You can sacrifice your gold find and grab 8+ Crit chance. You can look for a shield that has +Life %. Looking at your character page you have serious options, across the board, on upgrade paths for your gearing. But yes, it does require big choices about your whole gear set and it does mean finding a good balance between what you gain and what you sacrifice.

Speaking from personal experience I've been trying to find places to slot in %CC Reduction on my gear. I'm up to 21% right now and if I win a couple possible auctions I can probably get that up to 40%+. At that rate this affix stated at that level will have a huge impact on how many champion fights go for me. I see people every day complain about monsters with Jailer, Frozen, etc. Even going so far as to say that these abilities should be removed from the game, and yet nobody bothers to try to gear for the gear stat that directly counters those abilities.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes the item system so bad? - by Kevin - 08-25-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: What makes the item system so bad? - by Chesspiece_face - 08-27-2012, 11:41 PM