Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
(01-23-2013, 06:07 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I got in on it quite some time ago and have been back into it every once in a while. I love the game play itself and the skill gem system. However, I'm really on the fence about the passive skill system. It allows for great flexibility but that also allows for totally destroying a toon early on, without realizing it until much later, and the last time I played much there wasn't any way to make anything more than minor fixes thus requiring a new toon. I am not a fan at all of the economy. I would much rather have what they have now but all with an underlying base of a fixed currency.

I updated everything last night but, by the time it finished, I only had time to open the game for a couple minutes.

This!!! Until GGG puts full respecs in place, I feel equally perterbed at the situation; you may take a set whole branch of skills that looks great on paper, but is useless in the long run and without any way of changing that, then you've just wasted a tremendous amount of time finding that out only to be ridiculed by the kids with no jobs about how come you didn't already know that. Combine that with certain skills that will NEVER be used because of their placement on the skill tree and people being unfamiliar with what that skill does and not wanting to repeat their prior mistakes, and you have a truly terrible method of examining new skills for the casual player, which effectively kills a third of your business. IMO, its a terrible system!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by Taem - 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM