Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
Quote:I am not a fan at all of the economy. I would much rather have what they have now but all with an underlying base of a fixed currency.

The game is designed around flexibility. So what is valuable to one player may be worthless to another. In other words nothing has a fixed value. Now that the trade system is mostly in place (The forum trade mechanism still has to be implemented), having set values for items is even less necessary.

Quote: However, I'm really on the fence about the passive skill system. It allows for great flexibility but that also allows for totally destroying a toon early on, without realizing it until much later, and the last time I played much there wasn't any way to make anything more than minor fixes thus requiring a new toon.

Quote:you may take a set whole branch of skills that looks great on paper, but is useless in the long run and without any way of changing that, then you've just wasted a tremendous amount of time finding that out only to be ridiculed by the kids with no jobs about how come you didn't already know that.

It's one of the things I like about the game. Just like the character you are playing, you are venturing into a new, unknown world that is harsh and unforgiving.

Besides, by the time you get to clvl 40, you know if you're build isn't going to cut it. I don't have a lot of playing time and even I can get a character to level 40 in a few weeks. In some of the races, people get that far in a day. And if you don't want to risk experimenting, there will always be a few cookie-cutter build you can look up on the forums.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by LennyLen - 01-24-2013, 05:43 AM