Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
Closing in on normal with my new Shadow and having a lot of fun. I've only played a Marauder previously so I wasn't sure what to expect, but Freezing Pulse and Ice Spear is a very nice combination of skills. When I got Lesser Multiple Projectiles from a quest reward and supported Freezing Pulse with it, everything started dying really fast :P

I didn't want to play a tank pulse aka Kripparrian style, so Ice Spear is really perfect. But ranged mobs and some spell casters in small rooms where I can't target them with Ice spear can give me some serious issues. Right now I'm just popping a quicksilver and running around like crazy, but hopefully at 31 spell totem with Ice Spear will help with that.

Otherwise, I'm barely getting away with being able to support my skills with my mana pool, so I'm bee-lining for the Which mana passives (and picking up health along the way of course). Here's my current planned tree, and I realize the top curse path is not really standard, but I really want it for this character. I'm noticing some tough fast creatures can give this build a problem, so I'm hoping both enfeeble and frostbite will help with that.

I think it'll be a challenge surviving hardcore, especially since I don't have any resist gear and the tree is a tad low on resist help. But I look forward to trying, he's a lot of fun thus far :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 02-17-2013, 04:13 PM