Battle.net Support in Hellfire
Can´t seem to find much usefull information about this subject, and this seems to be the only place to ask such question.

I´ve been wondering if it would be too hard to add the Battle.net Menu under Multiplayer on Hellfire.

I downloaded the Unnoficial Hellfire 1.02 made by Marsch on this forums and noticed he added a new option there, LAN UDP.

My intention is not to player on blizzard´s servers, but actually to use the gateway feature to play on PvPGN servers.

On my reasearch i discovered that a multiplayer game on either Diablo 1, Starcraft or Warcraft 2 all simply connect users with each other, and few things are handled by the server, like the game name, player in it, and other small stuff.
So this means it doens´t require any adjustment on the server side, i can simply make PvPGN accept modified clients connections and i could connect with the Hellfire client.

Would this client modification require just patient HEX editing does it require something else?
If so, is there like a particular program that makes the modding easier?

I was thinking about getting the already great hellfire.exe from Marsch´s 1.02 patch and start from there.
Was also thinking about hex translating the exe into my native language (pt-br)

Sorry if this is much of a noobish question. I love this game but don´t have much knowledge about how to mod it to my liking, figured here would be a good place ask about it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Messages In This Thread
Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by gugutz - 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by qualakon - 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by Belix - 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by qualakon - 10-29-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by Belix - 10-30-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by qualakon - 10-31-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by Mavfin - 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by qualakon - 10-31-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Battle.net Support in Hellfire - by Belix - 11-01-2013, 02:13 AM