Life in 1.10f and how the bandit rewards stack up
I disagree that ES is the problem. If you go CI, you have nothing but your ES, and any armor / evasion you may have acquired. That's it. ES is always there. Armor is always there. The problem with evasion, even with the model that GGG has implemented, is that Evasion is not "always there". I think my problem with Evasion in this, is the same problem that I've always had with evasion.

It's random. It's still All or nothing.

Once I turned all my Evasion into Armor Via Iron Reflexes, my survivability went through the roof. I don't fear things anymore. i don't have to run (as much). I'm able to stand in there, and get things done.

The big problem with evasion I'm finding, is that if you go Pure Evasion, you either need to be able to achieve high amounts of Evasion, Movement Speed, and Life, or don't bother trying. It is just the least useful "damage prevention" mechanic in the game.

Personally, I don't think that they have done enough to balance out damage V health yet. I'm still able to get absolutely wrecked on my Templar, with a Granite up, near 12k armor, and facing Kole in A2 Cruel.

My hope, is that the patch slated for early next week that is to deal with mob accuracy and evasion, and the ranger tree will work to shore up the problem of Monster Damage, and the sucktitude of Evasion.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life in 1.10f and how the bandit rewards stack up - by shoju - 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM