Citizen's United II - the other foot
(08-14-2013, 12:10 AM)Jester Wrote: This IS a consistent position. "I believe that the presence of (shark suits, third-party ads, steroids) is detrimental, and they should be banned. But unless it's banned for everyone, I will continue to use them, because that's within the rules, and only fair."

This is not a "flip flop". It is not inconsistent, or hypocritical, or flexible morality, or anything else.
When I was young, I trained and competed with horses. One of my competitors, in order to get their horse into an adrenaline rush, would literally whip her horse (or her father would do it) before her events to get the best performance.

It was not against the rules. Legal or not there are lines I will not cross. I would get extra satisfaction in beating her with skill and training, and not having to abuse my horse (who was then one of my best friends - we had a relationship of mutual trust).
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Citizen's United II - the other foot - by kandrathe - 08-15-2013, 01:27 AM