Free PC Games (now the Cookie Clicker Thread)
(10-23-2013, 01:22 AM)Taem Wrote: Honestly, the best progress I made was without the Elder Pledge, when grandma's had turned into those worm-like things because of a few things:

1) I always get at least 2x red cookies between each golden cookie which means a lot more chances for bonus effects.

Hmm, I have to ask since I'm curious. You say between golden cookies, so are you deliberately holding off from a full grandmapocalypse status?

Ie: Full apoc\Angered=100% chance of red cookies. Awoken-Displeased= less than 100% chance.

I'm curious because on my next reset, I'm thinking of trying the Gold and Red cookies strategy.

Quote:2) The odds of getting x666 for 12 seconds is a whopping 5.9%, AND you still have a 2.3% chance of getting the normal x777 frenzy meaning you have an 8.2% chance of getting a frenzy whereas standard golden cookies have a mere 3.3% chance.

Either your luck with the RNG is way better than mine (very possible), and or this is an interesting difference of playstyle.

On my previous cycle I was really into the Red\Blood cookies, higher risk for higher rewards type. On this current cycle, I'm going with the steadier, reliable Golden cookies combo + making bank to maximize Lucky+ cookies. (edited +: Pretty much what Lochnar described previously. Except I don't have a PVR. )

Just off my completely unscientific, purely personal feel of it. Especially after the Cookie Chain combo tweak(feels like a nerf to me). Golden Cookies, with Get Lucky upgrade offers a more reliable playstyle vs Red Cookies alone.

On paper Red cookies can offer the rare higher rewards. When I actually play\watch the screen, Gold Cookies with Pledge offered more reliability and bigger gains the longer the session goes.

Quote:
Ruin, barely scratches the surface of my cookie collection compared to it's percentage of appearing versus the benefits of an increased frenzy chance!

'Ruin' IMO can affect your production depending on what your aim is. If you're just doing a semi idle production, it might not be a big deal. If you're trying to make bank to raise your Lucky+ payout, Ruin can make a more noticeable damage.

Quote:4) You have to be constantly aware of your screen, but if you're willing to do this, you will get many frenzies and I'd say within an hour have plenty of cookies for whatever you're aiming for! If you're not willing to pay attention to the screen, then note the following:

Quote:Using The Elder Pledge has no direct cookie payout.

Hmm, that might need some clarification. Most people don't buy a Pledge then just leave the screen. Tongue

At the risk of oversimplification, I will say that at the moment I'm happy enough with Pledge, which gives me enough steady chances at gaining Frenzy, Click, Frenzy+Click, and making bank to increase Lucky+. The last 'Pledge' drive I did netted me approx 16,000,000,000,000,000 cookies. CPS of 135,000,000,000, nothing banked at start, other than just enough to buy a Pledge.

How happy am I? Happy enough that I can, if I want to, shut off the computer when I go to sleep instead of leaving it to idle, because I know with a 1-hour Pledge drive I can probably make up one lost night of idling.

I didn't yet, because I also use my comp as a jukebox to lull me to sleep sometimes...but theoretically I -could- step away from my cookie empire. I could. Really.

Quote:Regardless, I quite this game (again) a few days ago

So....see you next week then? Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Bolty - 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Lissa - 08-27-2013, 06:08 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Bolty - 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by eppie - 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Frag - 10-12-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by eppie - 10-14-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by eppie - 10-14-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Frag - 10-13-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Taem - 10-13-2013, 05:49 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Taem - 10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Bolty - 10-18-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Taem - 10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Free PC Games (now the Cookie Clicker Thread) - by Hammerskjold - 10-23-2013, 09:01 PM