Diablo III Auction Houses Close March 18, 2014
Good riddance.

Should have never been implemented in the first place. I want to play Diablo III, not AH III. While the AH was perhaps convenient, this isn't nearly enough to justify the many cons that come along with it. First of course, the entire loot system is based around it. Drop rates were so skewed to the point that finding an upgrade for your char after a particular point is nearly impossible, and you have to go to the AH to find something. On top of that, in the gold AH, the top items are so expensive that only the chinese gold farmers/bots can buy anything. So then you are forced then to either buy on the RMAH, or buy gold on the RMAH to be able to purchase that elite 1-2 billion gold item on the gold house. In short, the people who want to play the game and build their char normally get the shaft. This leads to another problem - players spend more time watching the AH than actually playing the game, which really takes away from its integrity. It becomes more like a stock market than a video game.

I want Diablo to go back to being a dungeon crawler/hack-n-slash RPG that was fun to play for hours on end, and part of that was the loot hunt. With the AH present, there is no loot hunt, because the drop rates are terrible by design to make the player resort to swiping their credit card. Pay-2-Win sucks.

Again, good riddance. I was saying this since day 1 that the AH was going to kill the game, and looks like Blizz finally woke up and saw the light. I just hope it isn't too little too late.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo III Auction Houses Close March 18, 2014 - by FireIceTalon - 09-18-2013, 05:15 PM