Pacific Rim, the movie spacifically.
(10-16-2013, 03:27 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: All in all, it's an enjoyable popcorn film. It's robots rocket punching monsters. Done by Del Toro, who genuinely loves the source material and is not doing this as an ironic thing. His love for the genre shows through and for me at least, I find that charming and infectious.
I'd agree with you. I did see this one with my boys -- I believe I enjoyed it more than they did. Our theater's sound was cranked too high (pain), so we spend the first few minutes crafting comfy ear plugs from napkins.

I'd add that for me, I'd say that for the amount of resources devoted into each Jaeger, I'd expect them to be a bit more durable in battle. If all my eggs are in a single Jaeger basket, I'd have made them more A10 warthog durable (redundant systems). Not being much into schizophrenia, I'd work on obsoleting that need for the two minds connection thing too.

I was not *too* distracted by the "rift" physics, which violates what we know about Einstein-Rosen Bridges, in that movement in a Schwarzschild wormhole connecting two universes is possible in only one direction, or that there is no accounting for time dilation.

But... It's 1000x better than any Godzilla / Mothra movie evar!!!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pacific Rim, the movie spacifically. - by kandrathe - 10-16-2013, 09:24 PM