equipment farming frustration
(11-20-2013, 02:33 AM)Frag Wrote: Initial thoughts: I really like your gear, especially for self-found.

I see what you did there! Too nice to come right out and say "OMG, you must suck..." Tongue

Thanks for looking at my stuff guys. The thread did somewhat morph from my initial question of secret gardens for farming, but what Lounge thread doesn't? Wink

Just a few comments. When I say that pulse/skellies/fire trap are support, I do mean very limited support. Pulse is used very little and the added chaos damage is there to try to cut down baddies with heavy all elemental resist. Skellies are really only distraction for tough fights, but the addition of spell totem to them is intriguing. I never really looked at how the totem works. I had only first played with any totem recently, flame totem on a couple toons, mainly because they give me a little too much of the feeling that the game is playing itself. Fire trap is used most often of them to drop under mobs that I try to have frozen in the flame. Since I can't have the item rarity on my ice spear, I like having it on the fire trap to add shinies to anything popped from the crispy critters.

My main damage is ice spear and it is my favorite type of spell, just as was frostbolt in WOW. I'm a happy camper when I can move and gun my one main. If I were in a movie, I'd be the guy destroying masses of attackers with my single gun that seemingly never runs out of ammo. In real life, I often shake a lot. The more intense things get, the worse it gets. If I can do most of my playing by moving the mouse and working just one or two keys, so much the better.

As far as changing equipment, one of my biggest issues is losing big chunks of resist, especially chaos. Chaos damage is my biggest problem with POE. I almost quit POE when I first figured out what it was doing. I hate that it is essentially a different type of damage entirely. I would keep it to physical/fire/ice/lightning. My implementation of chaos would be damage that is a mix of all three (or four, including physical) and that its resistance would be a combination of theirs. If you had 100% to one of them, it would be a 33% (or 25%) resist to chaos. Chaos inoculation, for me, just makes the situation worse. Now life is taken out of the game. Anyway, like I said, resists kinda keep me stuck in some of the equipment and result in the tossed salad of gear families.

So, back to the farming, I guess I'll try to work on leveling a little more as my next points were earmarked for another power charge and more crit anyway. That should bring up her damage more and maybe there will be some nice drops, or at least some stacks of currency to work up some gear. She'll get there. Maybe if I take her to 100, Dominus will see her come in and just fall over dead, littering the entire floor with goodies. Big Grin

Cya. I'm headed out to the back forty. Cool

[edit] I did swap out the belt (I'll add it to the forum post) but I'm leery of the lost chaos resist. I went from 75% to 53% resist so I'll essentially be taking almost twice as much damage from any chaos. It did bump my life ball ~200 and shield ~100 so that will help.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-19-2013, 04:32 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by shoju - 11-19-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-19-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by shoju - 11-19-2013, 02:29 PM