So the Pope is a marxist.... (wait for it)
(12-05-2013, 02:30 PM)Alram Wrote: Christ was a Jew. The earliest Christians were all Jews. Yet from the Council of Nicaea in 325 until the 2nd half of the 20th century, the official Catholic positions regarding Jews and the Jewish faith were hostile. For centuries the Jews were persecuted. So, what does that say about what it means to be Christian?
I'm not a very big fan of Constantine.

I think TJ said it best, "Nothing can be more exactly and seriously true than what is there [the very words only of Jesus] stated; that but a short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion, before his principles were departed from by those who professed to be his special servants, and perverted into an engine for enslaving mankind, and aggrandising their oppressors in Church and State; that the purest system of morals ever before preached to man, has been adulterated and sophisticated by artificial constructions, into a mere contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves; that rational men not being able to swallow their impious heresies, in order to force them down their throats, they raise the hue and cry of infidelity, while themselves are the greatest obstacles to the advancement of the real doctrines of Jesus, and do in fact constitute the real Anti-Christ." -- Thomas Jefferson, January 19, 1810

(12-05-2013, 08:23 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote:
(12-03-2013, 04:46 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Franciscans, like the new Pope,
Hmm, I thought he was from the Jesuit Branch.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories...301218.htm

He adopted a Franciscan stage name, but from what I understand Franciscans and Jesuits are distinct from each other.
Aye. My bad. I often confuse them.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the Pope is a marxist.... (wait for it) - by kandrathe - 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM