Slayer's Hellfire mod - Based on Marsh's Hellfire 1.02 mod
This is just my take on Marsh's mod which I was messing around with before I started university last September.This mod isnt finished yet, but I figured I would post what I DID get done here just to promote the flow of ideas. However, if you are looking to play an "updated" version of Hellfire, i do recommend Belix's mod over this one, as he has a larger selection of raw fixes incorporated into his mod - although you are more than welcome to try this mod anyways.

Marsh's mod: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13318.html
Belix's mod: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-15760.html

NOTE: you MUST have Marsh's hellfire1.02 mod before you can use this mod, as i only re-distributed files which were modified/created.

also note that you may be required to apply compatibility fixes as needed, depending on what operating system you are using. I will leave that up to you however.

So without further adeau, here's the full excerpt straight from the rather roughly kept changelog that I was keeping:

EDIT: Just realized i made a mistake in crediting the wrong people in the mod notes. it should be Zamal and Zenda, not Varya and Kahn. Dont' know why i got that mixed up, but it was an honest mistake.

* Diablo Hellfire Mod 1.03a *
* Author: Slayer_X64 *
* CREDIT: Based off of *
* Marsh's "Hellfire1.02" mod*
* Special thanks to Zamal & Zenda
* for assembling such *
* detailed mod notes, even *
* though I have barely had *
* the time to study and make*
* use of them yet. *
* And special thanks to *
* Zakarun and his modmaker *

Goal: the goal of this mod is to both make a hellfire that includes all quests in

multiplayer, fixes all bugs, and does some minor rebalancing to the game, while attempting to stay as true as possible to the way the original game played. This mod Itself is pretty elementary, but I've always wanted to try to make one, so this is my first attempt at it.

Proggress: this mod is in alpha. It was not originally intended or even deemed ready for release. However, with the progress of belix's mod in terms of Hellfire1.02a, I figured I would release this anyways just to get some of the ideas i had circulating flowing.

If you Have any questions, please contact me here, and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/user-14557.html

And I urge you to check you my backwards compatibility page for Diablo1 as well:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13200.html

I hope this release is at least useful to somebody. When I get more time in the future,

perhaps I'll put more effort into completing this, and maybe I'll even implement the

changes that belix put in his mod. Thats assumming somebody doesnt beat me to it, however.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*****CHANGES*****

-Multiplayer save files changed hrinfo.drv->multi.hsv *Note: multiplayer save files are

still stored in c:\Windows *NOTE: the save file can sometimes be stored in C:\Users\*your

username*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows <-this directory will not show up in global

searches when you look for your save files. You will have to navigate there manually.

-Prefix 'Sharp' is no longer marked as cursed.
-Prefix 'Masters' is now Qlvl 25
-Prefix 'Champions' is now Qlvl 28
-Prefix 'Kings' is now Qlvl 30
-Prefix 'Weird' is now Qlvl 25
-Prefix 'Strange' is now Qlvl 28
-Prefix 'Ruthless' is now Qlvl 25
-Prefix 'Merciless' is now Qlvl 28
-Prefixes 'Holy' and 'Godly' are now Qlvl 28
-Prefix 'Emerald' Qlvl changed from 31 -> 28
-Prefixes 'Wyrm's' and 'Hydra's' are now Qlvl 28
-Prefix 'Platinum' can now be found on Jewelry
-Suffixes of 'the dark'(price 0->750) and 'the night'(price 0->1500) are no longer marked

as cursed.
-Suffixes of 'Carnage' and 'Slaughter' are now Qlvl 28 and 30 respectively.
-Suffix of 'Osmosis' is now Qlvl 28
-Suffix of 'the mammoth' is now Qlvl 28
-Suffix of 'the whale' is now Qlvl 28
-Suffixes of 'burning' and 'thunder' are now Qlvl 20
-Sufffix of 'readiness' did not alter attack speed before, despite having "quick attack". rather than re-adjusting the attack speed of everything, I decided to make this into a "fast block" enchantment to be found on staves, something monks can make use of.
-Unique Item 'Gnarled Root' lost its AC penalty to fix an issue where the AC penalty would wrap around, and the item would actually PROVIDE an AC of 246.
-Unique Item 'Shirotachi' seems to have a bug where it has "faster attack speed" instead of

fastest attack speed. this bug is confirmed unrelated to the attack speed->blocking bonus

change of the suffix 'readiness' so im not sure what could be causing it.

*Character Class Frame Animation Addresses found at offset B4698*
-Bard Blocking Speed 4->3
-Bard Hit Recovery 7->6
-Bard Attack Animation frames cut from 18->10, to help force faster melee attack speed.
-Bard physical attack speed increased 10->9
-Bard spell casting speed 12->10
-Barbarian minimum and maximum magic increased 0->10 to act as a buffer zone for game breaking -magic glitches. damage can be repaired with elixers of magic.

-'The Shredded' name shortened -> 'Shredded'. Moved to 'Doomfire Slot'.
-'Black Knight' Moved to 'The Shredded' slot.
-'Malignus' base monster filled black knight slot. Malignus should now spawn on Diablo's floor, As does the basemonster in the part of his room where the black knight once spawned. In future updates I will try to fiddle with the code to force him to spawn in that room slot, but currently i just dont have the knowledge for it, nor the time.
-Activated monsters 'Oldboned', 'Red Death', 'Litch Demon', and 'Undead Balrog'. Gave monsters colors from "redstorm" monster tree.
-Activated monsters 'Hollow One', 'Pain Master' and 'Reality Weaver'. The Shredded now spawn between nest 1 and nest 3.
-Monster 'The Shredded' damage increased 4-12->8-16. Experience rewarded increased 900->2700.
-Monsters 'Black Knight' and 'Blood Knight' can now appear on Dlvl15
-Lone 'Black Knight' no longer appears on Dlvl16 as a result of the slot change with Malignus. However a lone "melee mage" now appears.
-Unique Monster 'Fleshdancer' now appears on Dlvl15
-New Monster 'Hell Horror' Ported as an Idea from the Diablo Playstation Port. 'Hell Horror' Monster Slot replaced 'Arch Litch Magnus' Slot. However I have not replicated their ability to duplicate in this patch - not because it is not possible, but because i have had issues balancing it because it requires that i both place them in the slot of the horror (because a) the skeleton monster slots have a special ability that allows them to be spawned by leoric, which makes as a perfect match for the hell horror - however the monster cannot be spawned or do any spawning unless they themselves are in a skeleton slot, with the only exception being leoric himself, and b) i would either have to adjust the space allowed for renaming them - probably through editing the code, or be lazy and just give them another name.) and give them the leoric attack type, which makes them too strongly biased to duplicate instead of attack, which currently means they will usually duplicate faster than you can kill them all, which obviously presents a huge balance issue, therefore until i get that sorted out they will simply have plain circle walk melee. Eventually however, i would want to give them this ability.

-Base chance to hit for all monsters have been capped at 130% in an attempt to prevent chance to hit overflow on nightmare and hell.

AC's of armors have been altered slightly to attempt to fill in holes in armor progression, to provide a smoother rate of AC ggrowth for first time playthroughs, rather than in spikes:
-Max AC of 'Gothic Shield' Raised 18->20
-AC of 'Breast Plate' Altered 20-24->26-33
-AC of 'Splint Mail' Altered 30-35->33-38. STR req raised 40->45
-AC of 'Plate Mail' Altered 42-50->40-50. STR req lowered 60->55
-AC of 'Field Plate' Altered 40-45->45-55
-AC of 'Gothic Plate' Altered 50-60->50-65

-New multiplayer quests ported from singleplayer: Arkaines Valor, Halls of the Blind, Zhar the Mad, Warlord of Blood. All are functional enough to be played. See below for

descriptions and or Issues:

*===Quests===*

==Arkaines Valor==

-This quest works but has some issues:

1. if you leave level 5 anywhere between the time this quest is activated by reading the book, and the time when it finishes by picking up arkaines valor and leaving the area, the quest will break as all areas will be resealed without a way to open them.

2. if you use a town portal while you are within the halls of valor, you will become stuck inside a wall, because the walls will reform when you come back.

3. a large amount of multiplayer desync can make it so the bloodstones do not spawn correctly. this however, is normally only an issue if ping is already really bad between players.

4. it is possible to dupe the same bloodstone 3 times in order to complete the quest, even if it has been broken.

==Halls of The Blind==

-This quest works perfectly from start to finish. The only glitches are that the optic amulet is duplicated for all players, and both the book is read every time the level is entered, and the optic amulet respawns every time the level is entered.

==Zhar the Mad==

-This quest works perfectly, as intended. However unlike all other multiplayer quests, this one is randomly generated and will not appear every time.

==Warlord of blood==

-works perfectly, though his book is read every time the level is entered.

EDIT: I also have found my old side notes that were detailing on some of the effects singleplayer quests had when activated in multiplayer, including why each quest either works, or malfunctions/does not work. Maybe these could be clues for solving what is required to implement them? In anycase, I may as well post them here for documentation. There may be some discrepancy between this list and the changelog quests, as this list eventually got integrated into the changelog once it was found what quests work and what quests didn't.

Multiplayer Quests:

==The Poisoned Water Supply==

-does not spawn, sadly.

==The Butcher==

-Works Perfectly, as designed.

==The Curse Of King Leoric==

-Leoric spawns standardly on level 3 instead of within his sub level, as the tomb of king leoric does not spawn.

-Allowing Leoric to respawn skeletons in multiplayer can lead to enemy graphical animation desync, and minor monster desync, leading to minor teleportation or enemies who seemingly stand still. It also leads to item desync, where only the hoast player can pick up certain dropped items. It is nothing that causes unplayability however, and as for the items, the host can simply pick them up, then distribute them amongst the other players..

==Garhbad the Weak==

-Garhbad will speak to you but he will never get past the first phase of the quest

==Ogdens Sign==

-While Ogden will not give you this quest, and it additionally does not appear to be able to be turned into him, you can complete it by turning it in to snotspill who can give you the quest. problem is that while the special quest area does spawn, it does not spawn with a door, making it so that you can only complete the quest if you know teleport. Strangely enough when you give snotspill the sign, a door spawns where the door should be. very strange...

==The Magic Rock==

-While you can find the rock perfectly fine, you just cant give it to griswold, which pretty much defeats the purpose of the quest.

==Arkaines Valor==

-This quest works but has some issues:

1. if you leave level 5 anywhere between the time this quest is activated by reading the book, and the time when it finishes by picking up arkaines valor and leaving the area, the quest will break as all areas will be resealed without a way to open them.
2. if you use a town portal while you are within the halls of valor, you will become stuck inside a wall, because the walls will reform when you come back.
3. a large amount of multiplayer desync can make it so the bloodstones do not spawn correctly.
4. it is possible to dupe the same bloodstone 3 times in order to complete the quest, even if it has been broken.
5. also in some cases, other players may see the host as if they were walking through solid walls...

==The Chamber of Bone==

-Area does not spawn, nor does the book required.

==Halls of The Blind==

-This quest works perfectly from start to finish. The only glitches are that the optic amulet is duplicated for all players, and both the book is read every time the level is entered, and the optic amulet respawns every time the level is entered.

==Zhar the Mad==

-This quest works perfectly, as intended. Does not spawn every time, only most of the time.

==Mushroom==

-Fungal tome does not spawn, even though the mushroom does. when fungal tome is hacked into inventory, and black mushroom spawns, adria will still not accept it, similar to the magic rock with griswold.

==Anvil of Fury==

-Area spawns most of the time, but while you can clear it out properly, and while you can recover the anvil, griswold does not accept it.

==Warlord of blood==

-works perfectly, though his book is read every time the level is entered.

==Lachdanan==

-This quest would work perfectly except the golden elixer does not spawn on level 15. however, by using a trainer and editing in the golden elixer into my inventory, i was able to complete the quest by speaking to him. however he does not die on all players screens, and there is some desync as to what items are dropped - while he stays alive for all other players however, the items are fixed by simply having the player who completed the quest pick them up(and then re-drop them if they are to be given to other players.)

maybe the quest would work better if lachdanan was set to level 13 instead? seeing as the level 15 dungeon in multiplayer is pretty much fixed...will have to try later.

==The Arch-Bishop Lazarus==

-works perfectly as intended

==Diablo==

-works perfectly as intended.

==Nest entry==

-works perfectly only so long as the hosting player talks to the farmer. otherwise the rune bomb cannot be picked up by anyone and does not drop for the host.

==Little Girl (aka Celia's quest)==

-would work, but in my experience this quest suffers from syncing issues, and the item does not seem to drop properly for the host or other players in the room.

==cowquest==

==Crypt Entry==

-works, although it suffers from the same syncing issues as the Little Girl quest does. However, the crypt can be entered even without map, so it doesnt even matter if this works or not anyways.

Attached Files
.zip   Slayer's Hellfire103 mod - alpha release.zip (Size: 458.7 KB / Downloads: 19)
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind

Messages In This Thread
Slayer's Hellfire mod - Based on Marsh's Hellfire 1.02 mod - by Slayer_X64 - 12-19-2013, 09:47 AM