Setting up WiFi for work, Need some tips.
First, you should make a map of the layout, and describe the requirements for coverage. Mostly, where people need wireless coverage, and at what speed. I would choose a standard enterprise level model (as a kicking off point), like HP 425 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series -- look at the specs and see what it would take. Then, make a budget. You should have a one time cost, then some idea of yearly maintenance (replacement of failed hardware, time to upgrade firmware, administration, and such). Once the financial people at your work agree to fund it, then you execute the plans you've prepared in advance. At my work we have over a hundred WAP's, of varying ranges and bandwidths depending on locations (e.g. the dining area required higher range, and higher throughput, thus more expensive devices).

This will trim the options, and whether you need to find WAP's compatible with your current switch, or if you can build an integrated solution (e.g. add a HP MSM Controller to your network rack). Then, I'd also check with a professional installer in the area. Running cable and adding the WAP's to rooms seems like a DUI worthy job, but I've found that the pro's are worth the one time cost to get it in right and neat.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting up WiFi for work, Need some tips. - by kandrathe - 12-19-2013, 05:40 PM