Building a character for Hell Mode and uber Tristram
(01-13-2014, 12:05 AM)TheKingofKewl Wrote: Thanks Hammer. Pushed my sorceress up to level 65, she is CL & FO. I made her mostly to mf for my zealot and do nightmare countess runs. But I fear that even with increased rune drop rates this will take forever.

Yeah, even with the increased rate it's still from what I remembered, can be fairly dismal. Which was a step up I guess from really, really dismal, but that's not saying much. Tongue

Quote:I want to make Chains of Honor and a weapon. Either: Grief, Last Wish or Breathe of the Dying. (probably the second). Then my Paladin needs an excellent unique or runeword shield. By the time I get enough runes the ladder will probably be over. I've tried to find out what runewords are ladder only in 1.13.

Again just off my memory, and I will say the AB has much better guides then my off the cuff noggin recollection.

IIRC one or possibly all the uber boss has fast regen rate, so an item with 'Open Wound' to stop their regen is also favoured.

There was one poorman smiter write up that may or may not be of interest to you.

http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index.php...r_Tristram

I don't mean that 'use his guide, steam roll uber trist'. That write up is not really a guide, and to me it wasn't written as one. It does IMO, contain some interesting ideas in how to tackle uber tristram.

I personally found high resist, 2 socket paladin shields to be great when made into a 'Rhyme' shield. Even a 4 socket high resist, plain white stuffed with perfect diamonds or resist fire\lightning perfect gems can be a life saver.

Then again I tend to play low ac high elemental resist chars, so my gears are nearly standardized. Every char I have tend to aim for 'Smoke' armour.
Melee chars tend to aim for a 'Crescent Moon' weapon, or 'Black', or 'Lawbringer'.

Good luck to you sir, you have more patience than me on even gearing up for an uber trist expedition.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building a character for Hell Mode and uber Tristram - by Hammerskjold - 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM