Iron Reflexes: The case for why it's too good.
I saw it, and I still adamantly refused to use it then. I saw it, when Grace was cheaper to run.

MonTy convinced me to run IR + Grace on my 2h'd marauder in Anarchy, even though I protested against it. I was never so happy in all my life to see the aura changes, because it meant that I didn't have to run something that "felt" off.

Now, I have a Facebreaker's Duelist, that I've taken IR so that I can get a real idea of what it's like to run with it, instead of just a "theory" of how it is, and it's a gamebreaking keystone, much more impressive than it's passive tree contemporaries. Chaos Inoculation is heavily gear dependent to be "really" good, and Acrobatics, has enough drawbacks to balance it out. Honestly, If the drawbacks from Acrobatics were removed from acrobatics, and added to IR (50% reduction to Evasion Rating and ES) it might balance the two skills out.

My Level 47 Facebreaker Duelist (who is using the defensively impaired facebreakers) has more armor than my level 83 duelist, who is invested into, and using, high armor pieces. It's staggering how much better Evasion is at being armor, than armor is at being armor.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iron Reflexes: The case for why it's too good. - by shoju - 02-07-2014, 02:32 PM