EA, Dungeon Keeper 2, £79.99 microtransactions {boggle}
I think the "missed payment" was an in game payment one player missed for sovereignty protection for an important station in question which contained billions of ISK (the currency) worth of materials owned by (Providence Bloc) PL. The war broke out when CFC moved in to take the station and deny their enemy (PL) their stuff. Note: I would hate to be that one guy who blew it for his side.

A class action would need to be based on issues that would jeopardize your "assets" that are outside your control. When you place a bet in on-line poker, you know what is at risk and that the hand has integrity. If you discover the house is rigging the game, or even influencing the "fair" outcome you'd have a case for fraud.

When you've spent weeks, or months investing and building an on-line battle fleet only to see it decimated due to lag spikes, network outages, and etc. might give you a legal position. I think in this case, one issue is that CFC had some almost double the players involved than did N3/PL, and so brought much more fire power to the fight. One might argue the game mechanic is flawed, I guess similar to how in WOW the Alliance vs Horde might feel on a lopsided server. But, it would be for the lawyers to fight out. Personally, I think people are crazy to spend more than subscription fee on games. Hence, why I'm pretty much against Micro-transactions, or any "Real World" Auction house.

Although, being that CFC is headed by Alex Gianturco, a former corporate lawyer now space tyrant, any suit would need to be pretty air tight.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: EA, Dungeon Keeper 2, £79.99 microtransactions {boggle} - by kandrathe - 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM