EA, Dungeon Keeper 2, £79.99 microtransactions {boggle}
(02-05-2014, 02:05 PM)LemmingofGlory Wrote: Relating to the topic at hand of senseless premium game content, last night I saw "Fable Anniversary Edition" (i.e. Fable 1 HD for an unthinkable $40) was released on XBLA and I proceeded not to care because Molyneux. But then I saw a DLC release for the damn thing, and my jaw dropped. Who does this? It'd be like HD versions of RE4 providing Leon's extra outfits as DLC (disc-locked content). If you release essentially an "Ultimate Edition" of a game -- most especially a rather old game -- you don't leave things out. It's giving the players the finger. Are Fable fans really this rabid that they don't mind?

-Lem
They do promise "All new textures and 3D models, an entirely new lighting system, a slick new interface, achievements, and all of the content from “The Lost Chapters,” make Fable Anniversary the definitive Fable experience for faithful fans and new players alike!"

I don't think it's worth $40 for a retread, but if it drops to $20 I might snag it. I started with Fable II, and I own Fable III, which I've not played very thoroughly yet. -- but I'm not a big shopper of the DLC outfits, and if I'm not mistaken many of them you can find in the game if you go everywhere. There was a nice sword and gun DLC pack I did get for free however for being MSL Gold. They are offering the entire trilogy for $60, which considering the hours of content, would probably be a good deal for the Fable newb.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: EA, Dungeon Keeper 2, £79.99 microtransactions {boggle} - by kandrathe - 02-05-2014, 03:54 PM