Tech Support?
It's because you checked all the settings thinking that would help, when in fact that just made it worse.

Use Sven's D2GlideWrapper if you are not using it already or using something else. It's built into D2SE if you like, as is PlugY (inventory size increase). I'll list my settings in Glide that give me ZERO-LAG, even in the Median XL Mod, so you should have no lag at all with classic. I will only list the checked boxes, or the boxes with words. Blank entries and check-boxes will not be listed; btw, I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 gfx card, and without Glide, game is unplayable laggy:

SETTINGS
Keep Aspect Ratio [x]
VSYNC [x]
fps-limit [no]
static-size [no]
refresh rate [auto]

(do not check anything else!!!)

RENDERER
texture-memory [108-mb] <--set to max
buffer-texture-size [4096x4096] <--set to max
texture for videos [x]
bilinier filtering [x]
supersampling [x]
shader-gama [x]

(do not check anything else!!! do not check 32-bit!)

WRAPPER-STATISTICS
Up to you. I put the clock and texture mass to see when I should lag, but since applying these settings, I don't lag at all anymore so really, I could just get rid of this.

EXTENSIONS
[x] <-- check them all!!! If you don't know what they do, read the help file. Chance are if you have a vid card made within the last ten years, you should check off everything.

And that should be it! Obviously TEST it, and you should see fluid movement of the mouse over the water that shows your framerate. The red, green, blue colors should show definitive blocks of colored shading, not a smooth transition. If all this is true, exit and Glide will have fixed your gfx woes with DII forever, amen! Then just run VidTest in the DII directory and set your video card to Glide and whoola, lag free play. If your test comes out screwed up, then try different settings... it's possible your video card does not support OpenGL, in which case, your sol buddy.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Tech Support? - by TheHentaiChrist - 02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Tech Support? - by TheHentaiChrist - 02-25-2014, 05:48 AM
RE: Tech Support? - by Taem - 03-24-2014, 05:54 AM