Can I get a quick rundown on Crimea?
(04-10-2014, 01:21 PM)Jester Wrote: *Not to suggest that the history of anywhere else is all that different.
I was just thinking that the other day when the whole #CancelColbert thing was flying around the Twitterverse. Not to down play racism or bigotry in anyway. It happened that the Brits, French, and Spanish came to the US first, squatted here, and systematically displaced the indigenous people in the America's. The Chinese (Asians) Colbert pseudo-mocked were a part of a 2nd wave (or third), who came to partake in what had already been plundered and swindled away from those who were here first. Like Crimea, or the Balkans, or Basque Spain, at some point you need to deal with the present, and do the best we can to atone/seek justice and forgiveness for historic crimes, ethnic cleansing, and holocaust. Of course, to play my own devil's advocate, I'm speaking from the voice of white male privilege. It's just... I don't speak Swedish, and I like it here. Please let me stay.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Can I get a quick rundown on Crimea? - by Taem - 03-24-2014, 05:10 AM
RE: Can I get a quick rundown on Crimea? - by kandrathe - 04-11-2014, 05:57 PM