Reaper of Souls - initial reaction
I started Act V with my barbarian, at T1. My gear wasn't up for it. I reduced one, and worked through the act. I am at 69 and fighting Maltheal. My mouse is causing me some serious micro/control problems. Will either get a new mouse pad or a new mouse. It is important for me to have fine control, and it isn't working right now.

Crusader: I think I leveled up too fast. Enjoyable character, but I moved to Master Diff at ACt II and never looked back. He's in his fifties now in act V, about to go after Urzael. That boss is ... well ... a grind. My barb had to try a few different combinations, and the one that worked included summoning the ancients.

Can't use the same kit with Maltheal, the charge and leap stun do not go well with some of his attacks.

Act V, in general, was a grind, but I massively enjoyed the ride on the battering ram fight -- good fun the first time through -- and the weird fights in the eternal battlefield. The mood in Act V is superb. I optimized my graphics card the other day, for this game, and I am super glad I did.

About Maltheal's attacks: those white things, like Adria's pink blobs: magic or physical? Having trouble figuring that out. Am pretty sure my build/gear is somehow gooned up. I'll try a few other approaches, but only after I address the hardware issue. Came up a few days ago, and while I could put up with it fighting usual creeps, my fine control for this fight simply isn't cutting it. Grrrrr.

I agree with F.I.T. - Blizzard delivered on its promise to put out a better package with expac. Nicely done.

Also, being able to make a few adjustments to rares is a nice feature.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reaper of Souls - initial reaction - by Occhidiangela - 04-09-2014, 12:51 AM