Hobby Lobby v. Sebelius -- CU revisited
The arguments have been made before the SCOTUS.

My preference is that they extend religious liberty rights only for private, closely held corporations, who can then, like non-profits, seek exemption. Like CU, it doesn't make as much sense for publicly held corporations, to have individual liberties. Although, I would argue publicly traded corporations may have more need of "speech" rights, than "religious freedom" rights.

How an incorporation of individuals forms its consensus opinion is really up to the incorporation. I think it's important for people to realize that to own and operate a business in the US, you really should be incorporated, even when you are a sole proprietor. This is more for liability than for monetary issues. When your business hires any employees, then its almost a requirement due to regulatory concerns. However indefensible some of these corporate positions may be, I'm really not keen on denying them their day in court.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Hobby Lobby v. Sebelius -- CU revisited - by kandrathe - 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM