Goodbye internet, whatever did we do without you?
(05-07-2014, 06:22 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I like this video explanation; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxMyTwmu_M

I just shared that video on fb. I hope many people see it and feel moved enough to write the appropriate parties, however I have serious doubts anything will change since it seems greed and power rule the day. Has our government ever been any more blatantly corrupt than its been this last decade? I've never seen so many civil liberties trampled in the name of social reform, regulations meant to protect us trampled or re-worked, laws setup to limit donations to campaigns struck down, laws altered to allow torture or detaining foreign nationals, etc. I feel that winning the battle over net neutrality would be nice, but would hardly scratch the surface of the real problem currently plaguing our country, which is lobbyists dictating law to the greedy congressmen doing whatever it takes to stay on top. I've never liked how members of congress are basically in there for life once elected; in my opinion, I'd like to see elections every 2-years to *maximum* of 4-years in office, else congressmen they get too powerful for their own good and form alliances, and do what is in their own interests, to remain in power instead of looking after the interest of the people they were elected to serve. Old rules struck down within the last decade limiting donations from lobbyists in general and for election campaigns need to be brought back to control corruption. Anyways, some of my thoughts in this rant.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye internet, whatever did we do without you? - by Taem - 05-08-2014, 04:30 AM