So now, it seems non-conformity is a form of mental illness
(05-16-2014, 01:27 PM)Tal Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 05:15 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(05-14-2014, 02:21 PM)Tal Wrote: This is why you will remain a pseudo-intellectual poseur with delusions that your voice means anything more than farting in a wind tunnel.

Pffft. Dream on.

The only pseudo-intellectuals here are the psychiatrists who come up with incorrect diagnosis or make up new ones entirely based on pure ideological pandering to what the ruling class deems to be "the norm" or "acceptable". If you deny that this takes place in our society, you either A. gullible/naive with a very rosy picture of things, or B. you are an apologist for it.

Also, you can sit here and throw around idealist statements like "society needs more libraries and librarians" or that "education needs a complete re-haul that teaches critical thinking" all you want, and it means nothing - at the end of the day the capitalist system will have these things as IT deems necessary to be in line with profitability, not as to what YOU (or pretty much anyone else) thinks it ought to be. If you think any major meaningful changes to education are going occur under the current way of things, better snap out that dream and get back to reality, because you will be sorely disappointed I'm afraid.

No what I'm pointing out is that your education and critical thinking skills are sorely lacking. You are very much a product of the system you decry.

And once again, I'll point out, you have no clue as to what you are talking about. I don't think you know what "critical thinking" is.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: So now, it seems non-conformity is a form of mental illness - by FireIceTalon - 05-16-2014, 03:36 PM