Interesting MIT Economist research on 99%
(05-24-2014, 07:06 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: In capitalist society...

Just my 2 cents.
Which it seems has always been and remains a worldwide force. World's oldest profession and all. Sure, some people are very judgmental and bigoted/childish/moralists. Prostitution has existed forever, and probably will forever since supply and demand remain.

About drugs... When I was young I drank because my friends did, and I liked the buzz. I tried pot, and it was not really that bad either. I was very shy, and I used them to help me "come out of my shell". It had nothing to do with me trying to escape the shackles of capitalism and escaping my desperate life. I did it because it was fun, and I was a stupid kid.

Then, I grew up and realized I didn't need recreational drugs, or booze to have fun or be fun. And, from that perspective now I think they tend to be a negative force in our society, and often used irresponsibly -- and lead to numerous accidents and deaths. However, I prefer to have people stay out of my life, and in turn I do the same.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting MIT Economist research on 99% - by kandrathe - 05-25-2014, 01:18 AM