New blow to the US Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
(08-28-2015, 05:13 AM)LavCat Wrote: I apologize. When I first replied to this post I was poor enough to receive supplemental health, which meant I paid nothing for prescriptions. Now that I am a wealthy social security recipient I no longer qualify.

Tonight I fell into the donut hole. I had no idea that one of my medications was eight hundred and some dollars a month.
We are debating the academic benefits of our two son's use of both a time released Intuniv and Adderall versus the monthly cost. The generic is 10% the cost of the name brand ($30 vs $350 per month). But, I hear you. Not all medicine is available in generic form (in the US). I don't have a donut hole, yet. I have a high family, and per person deductible ($6000 iirc). Due to my wife's medical costs, she burns through the deductible plus the kids medicine from January to April. It's almost as if I had no insurance at all in those months -- all out of pocket until I hit the cap. Then I end up trying to catch up on the unpaid medical bills over the summer, and spend the fall saving up for the big hit in the spring.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New blow to the US Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). - by kandrathe - 08-28-2015, 02:46 PM