A study on the benefits of video games
(08-14-2014, 07:03 PM)kandrathe Wrote: ...so what motivates this anti-social behavior, and how might it find expression outside of game play

From what I've seen, anger. Massive amounts of raging incoherent, blinding anger. Maybe it's from a trauma event, a neurological impairment, but anger and lots of it and what you wanna fight huh, come on guy COME AT ME BRAH!!!!11111 Tongue

Online connectivity has brought the world massive changes and potential positives. I have met people that I would not have if it wasn't for online\online vidya games, and for the most part they are very cool people, and I get to see a small but fascinating glimpse into their part of the world that in previous eras, I would need a plane or train ticket for.

Then there's the negative side. It's incredible to see how short some people's fuses become when they sit behind a computer. It's like road rage on the info highway.

I'm for the equal access to internet tubes, I think it's become a necessity like electricity, but dang there is a lot of anger out there in the ether. Whether that's formed in the net, or just becomes amplified in it. Dunno.

I think maybe playing a board game where you see and interact with people in meat space is not a bad idea, and going outside once in a while and unplug to recharge, is another.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A study on the benefits of video games - by Hammerskjold - 08-15-2014, 08:26 AM