A study on the benefits of video games
(08-25-2014, 08:03 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Short version, I think someone's interaction with other players (and it's rules) in a game may give some sort of insight, though certainly not a 100% accurate rorscharh test. Then again if someone repeatedly flips the monopoly board in anger when the game don't go their way, that might be a subtle signal that player has anger issues. Tongue
Same with old paper & pencil D&D, which also adapted into various "game therapy" with RPG emphasis. I always was a bit freaked out by some players in my University's student gaming club who always went with the malevolent evil characters bent on causing the most drama. One of the strangest of them, (friend of a friend) actually did end up killing someone in real life (the whole unrequited love psychotic obsessions thing).

I like to consider myself a non-judgmental, tolerant person, but at some point strangeness becomes a pathology requiring psychiatric help.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A study on the benefits of video games - by kandrathe - 08-25-2014, 09:26 PM