It's about time we talk about Syria...
Quote:...much better approach would be, in my humble opinion, to disprove the existence of religion entirely, thus negating all forms of religious war, turmoil, and subjugation due to extremists views of all religions and cults - which is really what all religions really are anyways.
People have all kinds of odd ideas and beliefs. As long they aren't harmful, live and let live. Some ideas like burning witches, or genocide are too dangerous to let run wild. Or even Nigerian mystical penis thievery when it leads to lynch mobs. The short answer, from Bill Maher recently was, "To Claim Islam Is Like Other Religions Is Naive And Plain Wrong". The risks of you traveling to Jerusalem, Tehran, or Amman are very different than your risks in traveling to Cairo, or Riyad. Keeping the war ravaged nations out of it... Comparatively, we don't have much to fear from Mormons, unless you are a teen aged girl whose father is in the minority FLDS.

I don't think we need occupation. Just an intolerance for a homicidal extremist ideology, and a plan for seeing it is bounded. But, not such a simple thing when you have a regional ally (Saudi Arabia) founded, and steeped in it. I feel sad for those who suffer, and I abhor the barbarity, the stonings, beheadings, mutilation, public whipping, and slavery. The extremists feel it's justified to kill you, an unbeliever, wherever you are in this world. In Europe, and the US, where we have a long tradition of the separation of church and state, we are facing an increasing number of people who do not understand the rationale, history, and so do not share that value. -- Islamic Law in a Modern World.

Nine things you’ll learn from Pew’s poll of the world’s Muslims.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's about time we talk about Syria... - by kandrathe - 09-26-2014, 04:01 AM