We're almost there with PV Solar price/performance.
I wonder if all that's necessary as it seems crisis is striking innovation in every aspect: Can Sucking CO2 Out of the Atmosphere Really Work?

This quote from the article I linked above shows there are competing entities out there trying to do the same thing:

Quote:A more practical way to do it, Schrag says, would involve deriving fuels from biomass—which removes CO2 from the atmosphere as it grows. As that feedstock is fermented in a reactor to create ethanol, it produces a stream of pure carbon dioxide that can be captured and stored underground. It’s a proven technique and has been tested at a handful of sites worldwide.

So, what I'm inferring is with technology like this on the rise, I wonder which will win out? It seems if fossil fuels can continue to be exploited in their current form without harm to the environment via carbon capture, and the air is being scrubbed of CO2 via carbon air purifiers, then I'm fairly certain the drive to establish an alternative means of energy will greatly diminish until such a need arises again. And I'm positive if the mega corporations based on the profitability of fossil fuels and the stock market who almost made oil the standard currency had any say in it, they would much rather prefer carbon capture over alternative energy, and might even embrace it before it nets a profit and take the minimal loss as opposed to letting alternative energy become the norm. So in my mind, it's a race to develop the most cost efficient form of alternative energy that would supplant fossil fuels versus reducing carbon emissions to a healthy standard that might offset climate change.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're almost there with PV Solar price/performance. - by Taem - 10-16-2014, 05:31 PM