We're almost there with PV Solar price/performance.
(10-03-2014, 08:53 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I've always been hopeful that the day would come when PV solar cells would be affordable enough to compete evenly with fossil fuels. I still have concerns about limitations (1000w / square meter), but where possible it will become more common if it can compete with the cheapest of fuels.

Hello, it has been a while.

The way I see it is the main problem at the moment still is that poltics are not willing to support change as fast as it should happen. One country doesn't want to 'spend'more because it is scared it loses it edge over other countries. And the fossil fuel lobbies are much to powerful of course.

There are so many ways of storing energy for when there is no sun or wind. I was at a solar energy fair a few weeks ago, and there were already several commercial options for storing.

I think in a few years from now peopl will have their own reactors to generate either hydrogen or ethanol or something which then can be used in solid state fuel cell (for driving your car for example).
I bought a new hous and I will start putting PV panels on my roof soon......really looking forward to that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're almost there with PV Solar price/performance. - by eppie - 10-25-2014, 11:52 AM